Friday 15 July 2011

Third time Lucky!

Ok so I promise the theme with the numbers is going to end here. Unless someone out there can come up with a fourth one in a row? Naah thought not.

So today, I've been watching The Killing (US version, Episode 2). I love it when crime dramas show 'glorified' members of society going down via a politician's incrimination, the truthfulness of which is not obvious at first. Could this manifest into a huge twist in the end where the pure, white-hearted politician comes out with dirty hands? Too obvious? Either way, looking forward to the results.

AND the new trailer for Hugo has been released; slightly unsure about it. There is no doubt that I will watch it, no matter the reviews (being an avid Scorsese fan and all) but is 3D really the way Marty wants to be headed? I know, there are far too many 3D sceptics out there, and I know he can venture into new genres (Age of Innocence is a good example) like no one else (and rightfully so, he has been around long enough) but theres just something about this I am feeling uneasy about. Can Scorsese offer high quality children's entertainment? But who knows, it could be the darkest children's film ever; could Chloe Moretz turn into a young Jodie Foster, a-la taxi driver? No, highly unlikely. (And I will stop the contradictory brackets now)

Got to admire Marty for wanting to keep discovering new frontiers in film, and taking us along on the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment